Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Hi everyone, I am Naomi and welcome to my blog. For the first time, my Mommy started a blog for me to pen down my day to day events as I journey through toddler hood. I thank everyone for taking time to read the entries and I hope I have brought to you, laughter and joy.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My first play phonics class

Today was the first session of my play phonics class and I had loads of fun. I had to wake up very early this morning as my class was supposedly 9am. To beat the traffic, we had to set off early from lala and lolo's house. We arrived there 15 minutes before 9am. However, they made a mistake and the actual time of my class was 10.30am. So mommy and I spent the next one and a half hours clowning around the classroom.









10.30 finally came and I walked excitedly to the play floor. There are 4 of us in the class with 1 teacher, and 1 teacher-aide. Therefore I got alot of attention and guidance from my teacher.

The session started off with the Mister Sun song to signify the start of our class, followed by the Hello song where we greeted and waved Hi to everyone. At the same time, I was introduced to the school's mascot doll, Belinda. I said hi to Belinda. Teacher was impressed when I pointed to Belinda's nose when Mommy asked me "where is Belinda's nose"? We then sang songs and identified different parts of our body. I am able to point to my nose, ears, eyes, head and toes.

Once we were all warmed up, we hurdled through a long obstacle course where I had to make use of my walking, climbing, balancing and crawling skills, all of which were relatively easy for me as I had experienced them in my Gymboree play class. When the teacher brought out the colorful parachute, I was elated as this was something that is familiar to me. However, instead of sitting on, and going under the parachute like the way I did in Gymboree, we played Ring-a-Round a Rosie where I held on to the parachute, walked in circles and sang along. Next came the bubbles, lots of bubbles and as usual, I sit down on the floor waiting for the bubbles to come to me instead of chasing after the bubbles.

After the play segment, we sat down quietly for some story telling. The teacher read from a big big book, too big for me to be distracted from it. However, I walked to my teacher and wanted to sit on her lap because this is what I do when mommy reads to me. As this was our first phonics class, we were introduced to all 26 alphabets. They all sounded familiar to me as mommy and daddy has taught me the alphabets . For the subsequent classes to come, we will learn the sounds of all the alphabets.

As our class came to an end, we sang the Moon song to signify that it is time to say goodbye. I also received a sticker for my good performance :). As I said goodbye, I was looking forward to my next class.

P.S. No cameras were allowed in during sessions, therefore mommy was unable to capture the wonderful moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment