Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Hi everyone, I am Naomi and welcome to my blog. For the first time, my Mommy started a blog for me to pen down my day to day events as I journey through toddler hood. I thank everyone for taking time to read the entries and I hope I have brought to you, laughter and joy.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

15 going on 16

In a week's time I will be 16 months old. This month is indeed a month of milestones and the greatest surprise I gave my mommy would be my ability to hold my urine (My Biggest Milestone for the Month!). Next would be the ability to differentiate between the left and right side of my shoes (Left-Right Oriented Am I).

Mommy and Daddy would be glad that they can now understand me better since there is also a leap in the development of my verbal expressions. Adding on to my existing verbal vocabulary are new words such as:
  • dan (dance)
  • lola (grandma in tagalog)
  • lolo (grandpa in tagalog)
  • ber (water)
  • ilk (milk)
  • oup (soup)
  • bowl
  • eese (cheese)
  • car
  • bock (blocks)
  • cut (scissors)
  • yaya (nanny in tagalog)
  • bee bee (jollibee fastfood)
  • ple (purple barney)
  • teys (keys)
  • pease (please)
  • tank (thank you)
  • back (put it back)
  • no more
  • open
These are the words that I can say when I would like to request or comment about them. I also comment a lot when I am making a trip in the car. I would say things like oh, wow, what's this, what's that, who's that, and see it there (do you see it there?). Mommy is still trying to decipher the meaning of my other phrases whilst lola and lolo are definitely tickled by my never-ending dialogues:



The next milestone I have reached this month is the ability to recognize some letters of the alphabet and I have to thank my mommy for being so conscientious in play-teaching with me. Now when I see big letters on the street, or in the carpark, I can read the letters out loud. The letters that I can pronounce clearly are A, B and E.

Finally, as a fast-growing toddler, I am generally a well-behaved one. I have the habit of placing things back to their original position after touching, holding and looking at them. Mommy was surprised and glad when she realized this a few months ago. Therefore she didn't have to find things in the trash bin, or engage in a treasure hunt to locate the things that I played with at home. But a toddler would always behave like a toddler. I would try my luck in manipulating my way through to assert my independence. However, mommy and daddy are thankful that I do not do this often as they provide me with an environment where I am allowed to assert my independence as much as I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment